Thanks so much for all of your prayers and well wishes! We had our ultrasound on Monday and were pleased to see that everything looked normal. We got a good look at the baby's heart and everything looked healthy, we saw all four chambers pumping away. Tim wasn't too disappointed to learn that his prediction was wrong. No boy for us! But we're really happy about another little girlie. Now we've just got to come up with a name. This will be a challenge because we thought we'd exhausted them all in finding Ainsleigh and Adeline. We've got to keep looking, but there aren't any frontrunners now. It is hard to process that there will be a new little girl in our home that Addie will never meet here on Earth and who will never meet Addie. Somehow, when Tim had me convinced it was a boy, it seemed easier to separate Addie from the new baby. But having another girl makes it seem strange, not like I am replacing Addie, but it brings up more things that remind me of her, especially since their due dates are at the same time of year. I can't imagine what it would be like if Addie was still here and we had THREE little girls to chase around. We go through our days just accepting the reality of what is but it really seems like there is this hole where a life and all of its possibilities are missing. It's hard to wrap our minds around and it is almost confusing, how time just keeps going by, pushing us further away from our time with Addie and now into a future with another little girl. I'm glad that one day it will all be revealed to us when we see Addie again. It is kind of neat to imagine Addie watching us from heaven and rejoicing with us as we get to know this new little life!
Ainsleigh is really happy. She has told me many times that she is going to help take care of this new baby sister. I can't wait to see them together. She was such an amazing sister to Addie and I know she will be the same way with this baby, only now she will be older and even more capable to actually help. I'm so glad we'll have some time together before Ainsleigh starts school, that all of us girls can spend time with each other. Ainsleigh is preparing. She told me this morning that the new baby can sit next to her in her carseat in the car so that she can make sure she's okay.
We're realizing that this is really going to happen now! I'm almost 21 weeks. The baby is moving around more and more everyday. Even though I've done this twice before, it still amazes me!
No comments:
Post a Comment